Monday, July 4, 2011

Another summer day has come and gone away, in either Paris or Rome (or Seville)

On Saturday, I went to Granada with Alejandro. It was absolutely incredible. Alhambra was beautiful, stunning. I highly recommend it. I'm really glad I got to go. Word to the wise though, if you ever go to Granada, plan at least a full day just for Alhambra. That place is really very humongous. Anyway, I'm too lazy to post pics to my blog today, so if you'd like to look at the pictures of Alhambra (and you really should. It's definitely worth a look) click here.

Anyway, it's currently finals week. Finals week is particularly horrible when studying abroad. Trying to study European legal history while in Spain is . . . difficult. It's hard to concentrate. I had my first final today; it was for the comparative womens study class. Bleh. I'm glad it's over, and that's all I have to say about that.

Now I just have to study for my legal history class, and then I'm done. Done with finals. Yay! Done with study abroad. Not so much yay. I've loved Spain. I could live here happily, though I should probably brush up on my Spanish skills before I send for the furniture. I'm really not ready to leave Spain, but I'm ready to come home. I can't even explain to you how much I miss my family. It's a lot.

I'm so glad I got to have this experience, and I would do it again. Who knows? Maybe I will. But today, and yesterday, and I imagine tomorrow, I want to come home. I've been so blessed to be able to have the experiences that I've had. Living in Spain has been incredible. I've learned things about the world and about myself. I even got to join in a protest. Life has been good. I love Spain; I hope to come back someday, but as my day of departure grows nearer, "all I want, is to come home." So you all better be really freaking excited to see me when I get there!! (And I've pretty much lived on tostada and gelato, so if I've gained thirty pounds, please don't say anything.)

Anyway, I love that I'm in Spain; I love that I got to live here; I'd love it if I get to live here again someday. But in the mean time: "Another aeroplane, another sunny place. I'm lucky I know; but I wanna go home. I got to go home."



No comments:

Post a Comment