Friday, August 26, 2011

That's no moon, that's a space station!

Well, I survived the first week of my second year! Though, I may not survive the weekend. The weather channel isn't being very clear on my survival prospects. Anyway, school is good. I like my classes, though I wish my books weren't so damn heavy. Honestly, my arms are sore from carrying my books around. That tells you two very important things: 1) I really need to do some weight training, and 2) my textbooks probably weigh more than I do. Bollocks.

So, my classes. I'm taking fact investigation which is a practical course, so that should be fun. As the name implies, it's a class about investigating facts, an important aspect of any lawyer's job. It'll be fun to pretend to be a lawyer and sift through depositions, and witness statements, and expert testimony, all made up of course, but that's not the point. The point is, I think it's going to be fun.

My next class is business organizations. I have no idea why I'm in that class. I just had this insane thought last semester that I really needed to take it, so I did. I've only been twice, but I rather enjoy it. We'll see if my enjoyment lasts all semester. At any rate, right now we're learning about partnerships. We talked about the difference between a principal and agent relationship and a partnership, and then the difference between a partnership and a creditor relationship. You know, so far pretty basic stuff. Hopefully it stays basic. If not, I will be hitting up my sister Anna. She is very smart at all this business-y stuff. I may just send her my notes, and ask her to translate.

My last class is evidence. Holy shit. So much information! Honestly, I leave that class with an eye twitch every day. Again, it's a very important class, no matter what you do, and I do rather enjoy it. I dunno why; it really is a dense course (mind you I've only been once...) I think it'll be a good class though.

I'm enjoying my internship at the court house. Everyone is super nice, and when I get lost (which I do frequently. Every hallway looks the same!!) there is always someone who is willing to guide me to my destination. Right now I'm just working on briefing an opinion that recently came out of the Supreme Court, but I've gotten to see some hearings and that sort of thing, so that's been fun. And, as I say, everyone is really nice. My supervising attorney is always willing to answer any questions as is the judge I'm interning for. He's also one of my professor's, so that's good. I think.

In any event, school schmool. The REAL news is Hurricane Irene. Aack! I've never been in a hurricane before. I fear this fall may be a bit more adventure than I bargained for. But I have lots of water (hopefully enough) and a shit load of batteries and junk food. yay? I went to wal-mart today after work (it's not really work. I don't get paid). Anyway, I needed to go grocery shopping, and I thought I'd pick up a few things just in case all hell breaks loose this fine Sunday. Holy mother. It was a damn shitshow. There were so many people there, and they were running out of everything, and there was merchandise strewn all over the floor. Bloody hell. I am absolutely certain that I bought things I don't need and forgot to buy things I do need in my haste to get out of there. If I die, I fully intend on suing wal-mart. God will let me do that from Heaven, right? I am going to Heaven, aren't I? Bugger. I better check my karma before this hurricane hits.

The weather people are calling it a tropical storm when it hits Albany. All I know, is there is supposed to be a lot of rain and a lot of wind, and there are a lot of trees in Albany. I am really hoping and praying that we don't have any power outages, and if we do, that they happen while I'm asleep and are over by the morning. At any rate, if I don't blog again in the next five days . . . . the power's still out in Albany.

Hurricane Irene, bring it! I'm ready for a weather adventure! I think. Possibly. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment