Wednesday, December 1, 2010

We think of the greatest stuff down here, but then I can never remember any of it later.

Finals week is upon us!! Not really. It actually starts next week, but it feels like it is upon us. My last class is tomorrow, but I imagine it's going to be pretty low key. Most of us have already checked out of the class-mode in favor of the study-my-brains-out mode. I've been waking up early to get a bit of extra study time in, but this morning I woke up a little earlier than I intended. I, and the rest of the neighborhood, were treated to the dulcet tones of two very angry people. Who knew someone could muster enough energy to be that bloody angry at 5:30 in the damn morning. I mean, honestly. I would have almost been impressed except they weren't even clever. So I was just annoyed. Ah well, I got even more time to study than I originally intended (b/c I couldn't fall back asleep) so I guess it's not a total loss.

Law school exams are definitely more intense than any other test I have ever taken in my entire life. The stress level on campus is.... up. On the advice of my mentor, I have stayed away from the library (that's where all the crazies are). It's probably a good thing too. I've had to woosah myself a few times. Yesterday, I even had to take a break from studying negligence and clean my bathroom b/c I was on the verge of freaking out. But my bathroom is nice and clean though, so you know, that's good.

I'm always amazed at the ability humans have to gossip. It's absolutely incredible how quickly information spreads. The latest information spreading about the school, besides who did well on their exams last year and why they did well, is who has dropped out. I knew there were people in my class who were having a second go at law school. Apparently one of those people has dropped out. Right before finals. And apparently she wasn't doing very well, so everyone is upset that she left b/c she would have helped the curve. You see what law school does to people? Plus, I'm not sure how everyone knows how she did on the research exam. If I did that bad, I wouldn't tell a damn soul. Who knows, it's probably all distorted, but she has been mysteriously absent since Thanksgiving. I hope she didn't get sick on bad turkey! If she did, she has an entire torts class to choose from to represent her. Assuming we all pass.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Abby, I can't believe the stress level. I turned the calendar over today and can now see the day you will be home, finals over, and a chance to party hearty. Can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby, are you surviving?? I will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete