Monday, January 24, 2011

I wasn't born of this [frozen tundra] like you [upstate New Yorkers] . . . . My constitution is much more... delicate.

It is very cold in upstate New York. Very, exceedingly cold. Last week, we had a freezing rain storm. That was weird. The next day when I was scraping the ice off my windshield it got even more strange. There was an inch of solid ice covering my entire car. It wasn't hard to get off though. All I had to do was get my little ice scraper underneath the ice and I could pry the whole thing off. It came off in sheets, big blocks of ice falling off my car. It was bizarre. And very cold. I have this awful habit of not wearing gloves; I really hate them. The problem is, when I'm scraping the ice and snow off my car, my hands get a little... cold. My car actually ended up being stuck in the ice and snow, so I had to walk to my meeting. When I got there, I noticed that I was bleeding. That was when I realized I had cut myself fifteen minutes earlier whilst scraping my car. Awful habit of not wearing gloves whilst scraping ice off my car = frozen hands and total loss of feeling. Next time, I wore gloves.

This weekend, I went to a hockey game with some friends. It was so much fun, but walking from the car to the stadium... holy shit. I don't think I've ever been so cold in my entire life. Until today. This morning I walked to school in -12 degree weather. I had on every piece of winter clothing I could fit onto my little body. The sun is shining and it looks so beautiful and inviting. Lies! If anyone would like to know what hell frozen over looks like, let me know, and I'll take a picture for you. Sigh. I'm cold.

3 comments:

  1. Sending warm, hot chocolate and sunny St. George thoughts your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby, they showed a frozen, iced-over car on the Today show this morning and I thought of you. Hope you survive this cold winter! Love you tons and looking forward to seeing you some time soon, hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know it is cold when your eye brows freeze to your eye lashes when you blink.

    Logan was still colder. I rode to school in -15, once.

    ReplyDelete