Saturday, May 28, 2011

You went half way across the country in the wrong direction!

Well I made it to Spain. It was mostly smooth sailing. There was a bit of a bump in the plans in Newark. Side note, I really hate that airport. Anyway, I somehow managed to lose my boarding pass but didn't realize it until an hour before my plane was supposed to leave. So I went to customer service and talked to some guy at Continental who printed out a bunch of receipts for me and told me I was going to miss my flight if I didn't run. But then I couldn't find the damn air train that takes you to terminal B. Then I found it, and I guess I tried to get in the wrong line b/c the lady wouldn't let me through. So then I went all the way down to check in where they told me I had to go to terminal B to get a new boarding pass. So I finally found terminal B and then you have to go through security again. At this point, I knew I was going to miss my flight. So I went up to a security guard and explained my situation and asked him where the hell do I go to get a new boarding pass. He very kindly took me to the right place and, basically, informed me I wouldn't miss my flight if he could help it. And he could. We got me a new boarding pass, he rushed me to the front of the line of security, and I then ran through the terminal to my gate holding my computer, carry on, belt, and one shoe. I did make it on my flight. And I was very glad.

Anyway, I did make it to Spain in one piece. And now I am very tired. I think I'll take a nap.

2 comments:

  1. Abby, I am so glad I didn't know about this episode yesterday!!! All our prayers for you were answered. Glad you got to Spain. Have a wonderful time. We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Mum you prayed for Abby to almost miss her flight and board with one shoe and her belt in her hand? Wierd...

    ReplyDelete