Monday, September 19, 2011

He wore that finger trap for two years. Mother had to teach him to eat with his feet.

Larkfest has come and gone, once again and, as always, it was one big, messy adventure. I think there were more people there this year than last year. It felt like there were seventeen million people there! I guess that was good though, more entertainment.

I didn't get there until like 3:30, but luckily the party was still raging on. Considering there were seventeen million people there, I did not feel the desire to attempt to find a parking spot, so I walked. I managed to run into a friend on my way there, so we strolled through the crowds for a bit. I got to look at some of the booths, which was fun. Honestly, the booths aren't that cool. I didn't go all the way down the street, but I only saw one booth of photographs/paintings. Kind of disappointing. Mostly it's just jewelry and sunglasses. That's ok though because the crowd makes up for the lack of crafts.

Larkfest only has two rules: No glass bottles and no coolers. Doesn't seem to be asking to much. I saw a guy who managed to get around those rules, though. He had a cooler, but he had turned it into a stereo. Seriously, he was pulling the thing down the street playing music. It was ridiculous and also very creative. I never would've thought of that. There was also somebody walking around with an old school boombox playing 80's rap. There was a big dance party going on at the intersection of Chestnut and Lark.

One of my friends described it as a giant frat party. That pretty much sums it up. There were people dropping jello shots out of windows and all kinds of crazy things. I didn't get as many pictures as I did last year, but I did get one with a er... very friendly clown dude. He had this fake rat with him. He wouldn't talk to you, but he kept making squeaking noises while he flung the rat around (presumably that was supposed to be the rat running around). He was very strange, so, naturally, I took a picture with him.

Yay for Larkfest. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment