Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I feel like I should say something clever..

Ladies and gentlemen, I have a schedule. Yeah! My first year of law school, I don't get to pick any of the classes I take, so I've been waiting all summer for them to tell me what horror, er, classes were awaiting me. Let the games begin! My first semester of law school I am taking: Intro to lawyering (this is a year long class where they, essentially, teach us how to be lawyers. Each student takes a hypothetical case from initial client interview to appeal which is done before actual appelate judges, which we do at the end of the year and sounds very scary), torts, contracts, and federal civil procedure.

I'm starting to get really excited about school. It's gonna kick my ass, but it will be good to feel like I'm going in a direction again, hopefully the right one. I love my job, but I don't want to be a lab assistant forever, and I've always wanted to go to law school, even as a little girl. I was a very strange child, but I've wanted to be an attorney since I decided being a cowgirl didn't count as an actual career. Seriously though, this is what I've wanted to be for as long as I can remember, even predating my cowgirl fascination. Now that I'm finally moving toward that dream, I feel...butterflies. Really big ones. And I love it.

2 comments:

  1. I remember you talking about being a lawyer when we were really young too! I am so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty exciting, Abby! I wish you the best and can't wait to hear about all your adventures. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete