Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's boogie time

Last night was Albany Law School's annual barrister's ball (that's fancy lawyer talk for law school prom.) Originally, I wasn't planning on going. I didn't buy a ticket, but then one of my friends wanted to go, and I thought, meh, Why not?

Slight problem, though. They stopped selling tickets like a week ago. So if we wanted to go, we were going to have to find someone who didn't want their ticket. My friend Steven helpfully searched the entire student body, I'm pretty sure, and found us two tickets. Thursday night. Ten points to Steven!

So last night was the prom. I couldn't decide what to wear. I know it's a prom for law students, but I didn't think I wanted to wear a prom dress. Besides, I don't have one. Being a great lover of all clothes comfortable, I have very few fancy schmancy get ups. My coworker was nice enough to bring some of her daughters things to work and told me I could wear one of them, if I wanted. She has some pretty dresses, so I started to get kind of excited about getting all dressed up. :)

Anyway, I ended up not wearing any of those dresses and stuck with one of mine. Michelle told me it looked like I was wearing a sarong, but whatever. I wore my pretty pearl earrings Lukey gave me for Christmas a few years ago. I felt very fancy, even if I was wearing a sarong.This is me and a few friends at a pre-barristers ball party at another friends house. Andrew and Anthony did not go to the prom, but they did come hang out for a while before hand, so that was fun.

The prom itself was . . . not what I expected. I don't really know what I expected, actually. It cost $25 to get in, and then there was supposed to be food and drink galore. Well, there was drinking galore. For some reason, I thought they were going to have like dinner food, but not so. They just had fancy snacks. The bread was pretty good though. There was much dancing, which I always enjoy. It was fun to hang out with friends and remember why I would rather be short than walk around in four inch heels all day. It's always fun to go out with friends and cut loose, as it were. At any rate, I enjoyed the barrister's ball. I may even go again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment